18 December, 2006

We now interrupt your regularly scheduled programme to bring you this report from Miss Puritan Chickie, coming to you live from the Saucy Chair.

Mischievousness: Book Titles Inspired by Sunday's Sermon

1. Why God Made Earthquakes: How I Came to Hate Dependence Upon Myself

2. Food For Thought: 101 Sermon Illustrations, including: "When I Was a Boy", "Mowing the Lawn", "When I Was in Seminary", "There Will Be a Test", "My Friend (insert name)", "Fishing Trip", "The Young Hippie", and so many more!

3. Church as Covenant Renewal or How I Began to Love High Liturgy and to Hate Three Songs and a Lecture

4. True Blessings: All Things Taken in Faith

5. How to Teach Your Congregation Through Football, Hockey, and Baseball Anecdotes
Examples inside!

_______
Special thanks to television, for giving me a short attention span in church and for the header from today's post.

No comments: