08 November, 2007

I really am a reformed blogger...

See? I'm posting again! And it's been less than a week since my last post!

I'm currently looking over my admission essay requirements. I have to write an essay (500-ish words) on my Christian faith and how it relates to my desire to attend NSA. I wrote a bit a couple of months ago, and now I need to pick it up again and take another stab at it. I'm not really sure what to write; I really just want to quote the Nicene Creed and be done with it. I think, though, that I will focus on the latter part of the question and just skim over the former. If you all are interested, though, here's what I already had written down:

I believe in a sovereign God, one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; Who created the earth and all things in it for man's dominion and pleasure; this was accomplished in six days. The seventh day He rested.
Man fell from God's grace by his own disobedience, but God provided a Saviour, His only Son, Jesus Christ, through Whom we are reconciled to Him. We are received by Him by grace alone through faith alone. His Holy Spirit is poured out upon us to regenerate us and to work out our daily sanctification.
His Holy Word, which is inerrant and inspired by the Holy Spirit, reveals what He requires of us. This includes His command to teach others of God and His world, to His glory. In order to teach, we must ourselves learn about Him, by studying the Scriptures and the creation, as well as all of the gifts of knowledge He has given us in books written by men made in His own image. Because God made the world to fit together as a whole, we must not separate out certain parts, claiming them to be more sacred than others. Instead we must study to discover how these all fit together under God's perfect rule.
...
That's where I ran out of steam and started to dislike what I'd written. I knew that the Divines had a hard time of it, but I never realised how difficult it really was! Anyway, I've got to rehaul it and write in some things about why I want to learn the things they teach, and what I'll do with the knowledge after I leave (teach others).

Knowledge is like a pile of leaves: it makes me want to just jump in feet-first and thrash around for a while. I don't suppose I can put that in my essay?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I think they'd love that bit about the pile of leaves.
:-)

Miss Puritan Chickie said...

I suspected you would think as much. :)