25 April, 2006

Y'all will never believe what happened.

I was just driving along-- minding my own business-- when all of a sudden, someone pulled me over. Seriously. And then, she took some of my money. And she made me take some books. Really. It wasn't my fault.

I got R. L. Stevenson's The Black Arrow, and Betty Smith's A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (which is a book about a book lover, like me. Only slightly more depressing than my life). Hardbacks. Old-looking ones. They're great.

I can't believe that lady. The nerve! She knew I wasn't going to stop at her bookstore, because I don't really have the money to spend on books. And she made me take those. What is this world coming to, anyway?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL!

I had a bookstore just like that in San Angelo. I couldn't drive anywhere near that because it was sure to happen.

Elaienar said...

O.o This is disgraceful. Somebody should make a law! No assaulting of and selling books to booklovers.