01 May, 2006

Books I've Read

So far this calendar year, I've read only 12 books. I am very disappointed, considering 1. that I didn't read any books in March (what was I thinking?), 2. that last year at this time I had read 30 books already, and 3. that the year before at this time I had read 22 books. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Before I do that, though, I thought I'd post something interesting (to me, at least). So. Here's some book lists:

What I Read in April a.d. 2004
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass- Lewis Carroll
The Lord of the Flies- William Golding (this book was terrible)
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and other short stories- Washington Irving
Coming Up for Air- George Orwell

What I Read in April a.d. 2005
Short Stories- J.F. Powers (bad author; uninteresting stories)
Henry and the Great Society- H.L. Roush
The Golden Key- George MacDonald
Miniatures and Morals- Peter Leithart
The Vanishing American Outhouse- Ronald S. Barlow
Dutch Colors- Douglas Jones
Scottish Seas- Douglas Jones
Huguenot Gardens- Douglas Jones
Summary of Christian Doctrine- Louis Berkhof
Memoirs of a Geisha- Arthur Golden
River Town- Peter Hessler
The Legacy of Biblical Womanhood- Susan Hunt and Barbara Thompson
The Ragamuffin Gospel- Brennan Manning
Future Men- Douglas Wilson

And...
What I Read April a.d. 2006
Q's Legacy- Helene Hanff
The Sunday Philosophy Club- Alexander McCall Smith (all the rage, but not really a good story)
The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency- Alexander McCall Smith (ditto)
Right Ho, Jeeves- P.G. Wodehouse

There. Now, to read.

6 comments:

Elaienar said...

I read Lord of the Flies at your house. Bleeehhhhhh.


To read, by all means. What are you planning on reading?

Anonymous said...

How are your OU library books coming along? I believe you know have two weeks to finish, is that right?

Anonymous said...

*now (sigh...why have I been doing that lately?)

Miss Puritan Chickie said...

Kelly: Eh. I'm taking my time, as usual.

Elaienar, I put up a new list in the sidebar (books I'm not supposed to be reading), but I also have a 'secret' list of books that I'm reading on top of all of that. I'm trying to read the books I borrowed from your mama, too. But my favourite right now is Lorna Doone. It's great.

Kelly said...

You must have been at my house last April. I mean, where else would you have read a book about outhouses?
:-D

Miss Puritan Chickie said...

Yep. That was when you were having your garage sale, too. I slept in the school room and there was a stack of books on the shelf from the library. That's where I got the outhouse book and the George MacDonald book.

I don't know anyone else who would check out books on plumbing and fairy tales at the same time. :)