19 February, 2008

No Mushrooms = Sadness

Tonight I'm making my famous manicotti for dinner; it's in the oven right now. I realised earlier that I don't have the recipe- it's on the box of noodles that I usually buy and I bought a different brand this week- what am I going to do?! I panicked momentarily, until I remembered that I don't follow recipes. I just make them up as I go along. Phew! Crisis solved.

Anyway, for this recipe, I made a tomato-based sauce with carrots and mushrooms in along with the usual garlic and onion. It looks and smells really tasty. I can't wait to eat it all up! Later this week I'll get to use the rest of the mushrooms I bought: I'm making a copycat dish from Johnny Carino's. Chicken with mushrooms, spinach, and provolone layered on top. The original dish had ham and no mushrooms, but we all know that's not right, don't we? Anyway, where would we be if I followed recipes all the time? Without any mushrooms, that's where. And that, my friends, is a sad place to be.

No comments: