27 March, 2008

If eating fat makes you fat, why do I only weigh 157 lbs?

Seriously, how is that hypothesis not totally shot by now?

I just finished my second 29 oz. container of coconut oil this week. I take a tablespoon with breakfast and another right before bed. I'm also finishing off my second bottle of cod liver oil. I take it right after the coconut oil, in the same amounts. I started the coconut oil about two months ago, I'd guess, and the cod liver oil about a month ago. I also pop evening primrose oil gels at every meal (8 per day). I take lots of other supplements (a la Dr. Cowan's Fourfold Path to Healing), but I take more fat than anything else. Not counting whatever butter, olive oil, coconut oil, milk, avocado, cheese, or yogurt I eat every day.

And I haven't gained a pound. That's because I'm at my ideal weight for my body type, height, and age. And when you eat healthy, natural fats, your body uses them instead of storing them. I offer myself as a case in point. My body is using the fats I ingest to heal what I've messed up with previous dietary blunders. Nifty, isn't it?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Very nifty.

I got Fallon and Enig's Eat Fat, Lose Fat book a couple of months ago, which focuses on coconut oil, so I've increased my intake of that. I was already eating a tbls or so a day in my porridge, but I've added another tbsp to a cup of green tea three times a day.

I only take a soup spoon (can't remember how much it measures -- a little under half a tbsp I think) of cod liver oil once a day, wheat germ oil capsule once a day, and evening primrose occasionally.

So far I haven't lost anything, but I think I'm feeling better.

I really do need to shed a LOT, which would help my asthma, blood sugar, homones, and arthritis, but I'm concerned about doing it quickly as I've read there's an increased risk of cancer for people who lose large amounts of fat faster than their bodies can deal with the toxin release they get. So right now I'm trying to eat better, hoping that when I get some nutritional issues taken care of the weight will finally start to come off.



How's your eyesight? I think my daddy read the Better Eyesight without Glasses books many years ago. He told me had exercises to do each day and he was actually able to quit wearing glasses after awhile.

I'll never have laser surgery done, but glasses are such a nuisance and contacts... well, my eyes are sensitive and don't really like contacts.

Miss Puritan Chickie said...

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to read much of the eyesight books before sending them back. I'm convinced now that they can help, and that the modern ideas on eyesight are incorrect, but I don't know the solution yet. I didn't get that far in the books! I'll be checking them out again soon, I think, and hopefully, I can start on the exercises and get rid of my contacts!

Sounds like you're doing pretty well with the fats. I'm hoping to check out Eat Fat, Lose Fat soon, myself. Something I've started taking that's really helpful in digesting fats is Swedish Bitters. They taste awful, but I don't burp and taste cod liver oil anymore!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.